SEEED is a green community development non-profit focusing on creating and sustaining jobs for Knoxville’s urban young people, as well as ensuring clean energy technologies are available for low income residents. Our vision is for a sustainable city and sustainable careers for all of Knoxville’s residents. SEEED is preparing the heart of Knoxville to become the center of our emerging green economy by increasing access to sustainable, clean energy technologies and a sustainable food supply for low to moderate income residents. The resulting green job opportunities associated with these programs create pathways out of poverty for our youth.
SEEED creates pathways out of poverty for young adults through career readiness training, while equipping communities with environmental literacy skills.
Executive Director: Stan Johnsonemail@example.com
Program Coordinator (Americorps VISTA): Lee Owen// firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media and Events Coordinator (Americorps VISTA) : John P. Goughemail@example.com
Growing a Green Future
SEEED pursues prosperity that is sustainable and respectful of the Earth and our community, through five interconnected strategies:
- Increasing access to energy efficiency technologies for low to moderate income residents
- Preparing the city for a sustainable and healthy food supply
- “Green collar” job development and training for youth from urban communities
- Social, cultural, and spiritual development through a community service program and youth
- Advanced mentoring for green entrepreneurship